Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Power of Decision

Despite hearing and reading about the power of decision for many years, I am just now re-experiencing it for myself.  I have had several years of indecision and inactivity in certain areas of life, especially career-wise, and I recently just decided to move forward with a film project I'm working on.

As a result I'm more excited about my work than I have been in a long time.  There are challenges and barriers, for sure, but with the earlier decision and dedication to it I have so far been able to pick up steam instead of losing it.  Prior to this, I would start on something, but then either never finish it, do a poor job of it, or simply drop it completely in favor of the bread-winning duties only.

Another positive thing that has become of this is that I have become more productive overall when I feel like I'm accomplishing something, or at least working toward my new goals actively.  This production and decision stuff does carry with it a casualty or two, but the reorganization that is lining up will be worth it in the end, despite the bumps along the way.

So, the years of "should I or shouldn't I" are now behind me and my renewed self-confidence and accomplishment through decision is here and present in my future as well!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

No Spam!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home